Communities and Local Government Committee
Select Committee Announcement
House of Commons London SW1P 3JA
Tel 020 7219 4972/1353
Media inquiries: Hannah Pearce 020 7219 8430 07917 488162 email@example.com
Wednesday 30 January 2013 For Immediate Release
ORAL EVIDENCE SESSION
Private Rented Sector
Monday 4 February 2013
- Dr Tim Brown, Director, Centre for Comparative Housing Research, De Montfort University
- Professor Martin Partington CBE, QC, Emeritus Professor of Law, University of Bristol
- Dr Julie Rugg, Senior Research Fellow, Centre for Housing Policy, University of York
- Kay Boycott, Director of Communications, Policy and Campaigns, Shelter
- Cllr Tony Newman, Member of Environment and Housing Board, Local Government Association
- Jacky Peacock OBE, Secretary, National Private Tenants Organisation
- Alan Ward, Chair, Residential Landlords Association
This inquiry is examining private rented sector housing, particularly the quality of housing in the sector, rent levels and the regulation of landlords, letting agents and houses in multiple occupation (HMOs) and tenure. This is the first oral evidence session and is focused on key issues facing the private rented sector.
The session will be open to the public on a first come, first served basis. For meetings in the Palace of Westminster please enter via the visitor entrance, located next to the main St Stephen’s entrance. For meetings in Portcullis House, the entrance is located on Victoria Embankment. There is no system for the prior reservation of seats in Committee Rooms. It is advisable to allow about 30 minutes to pass through security checks. Committee rooms and the timing of meetings are subject to change. Those interested in attending the session should check the venue by contacting the House of Commons Public Information Office on 020 7219 4272 on the day before the hearing.
Committee Membership is as follows: Mr Clive Betts (Chair, Lab), Bob Blackman (Con), Simon Danczuk (Lab), Bill Esterson (Lab), David Heyes (Lab), James Morris (Con) Mark Pawsey (Con), John Pugh, (Lib Dem, Southport), Andy Sawford (Lab/Co-op), John Stevenson (Con) and Heather Wheeler (Con).
Specific Committee Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
020 7219 1353 or 020 7219 4972
Media Information: Hannah Pearce, 020 7219 8430 or 07917 488162
Committee Website: www.parliament.uk/clgcom